This Armenian Shish Kabob Recipe makes 6 servings Change Servings
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry white wine
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1 bay leaf
2 pounds boneless leg of lamb or steak or beef flap meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
2 large onions, peeled, cut into 8 wedges each
2 large green bell peppers, cut into 8 wedges each
12 mushrooms, stems removed
2 large tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
1) Stir together olive oil, lemon juice, wine, and garlic; season with salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaf.
2) Toss meat with marinade until evenly combined, then pour into a resealable plastic bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 24 hours.
3) Remove meat from marinade and thread onto Shish kabob skewers; reserve marinade. Thread onion wedges, green peppers, and mushrooms onto separate metal skewers. Brush vegetables with reserved marinade.
4) Put the charcoal in Kabobeque Charcoal Rotisserie Grill and pour some lighter fluid on it. Let the lighter fluid rest on the charcoal for 3 minutes and only then start the fire.
5) Place the skewers on the bottom 10 slots of Kabobeque charcoal rotisserie grill and switch on the back motor.
6) After 5 minutes brush the vegetables with the reserved marinade while they are rotating on the charcoal rotisserie grill.
7) After 3 more minutes brush the meat with the reserved marinade while they are rotating on the charcoal rotisserie grill. At this moment take out the vegetable skewers they are ready. Keep in a hot case so they do not get cold while the meat is cooking.
8) After 5-8 more minutes the meat should be medium-rare and the vegetables begin to blacken in spots, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove all the skewers and serve hot with garlic sauce.
Enjoy your delicious Armenian Shish Kabob